The Bill of Rights has existed for over 200 years. However, that does not mean that the rights given to us by that document are respected. Our rights are violated and disregarded far too often by law enforcement.
The Noll Law Office in Springfield, Illinois is a Civil Rights law firm. Our lawyers are committed to helping those who have been injured by their government. We concentrate in litigating civil rights cases in Central Illinois including:
- Wrongful Deaths in Jails or Prison
- Failure to Provide Medical Treatment
- Police shootings
- Police brutality
- Unlawful arrests
- Unlawful searches and seizures
The Rights Afforded to Us by Our Founding Fathers
The Bill of Rights, the collective name given to the first ten Amendments to the United States Constitution, guarantee a number of personal freedoms from government intervention. The most commonly litigated rights are:
- The First Amendment — Guarantees freedom of speech.
- The Fourth Amendment — Protects citizens from illegal search and seizures of property and the person. Most commonly, the Fourth Amendment is litigated in police brutality cases and unlawful arrest cases.
- Protects citizens against illegal searches and seizures as well as police brutality. We have been successful in handling these cases as well as pursuing damages in cases of unlawful arrest and wrongful conviction, which often involve violations of the fifth and fourteen amendment’s “due process of law” clauses.
(2015) $800,000 medical malpractice settlement against a medical provider of a correctional facility for its failure to timely diagnose & treat an inmate for colon-rectal cancer leading to his death.
(2015) $150,000 settlement for woman who was Tased by Sangamon County Sheriff’s Deputy.
If you believe your rights have been violated, contact one of our Civil Rights Lawyers today at (217) 414-8889 for a free initial consultation.