By GNGF on May 13th, 2022 in
Can I Handle My Personal Injury Claim Without a Lawyer? If you’ve been injured through the negligence of another person or entity you may have asked, “Can I handle my personal injury claim without a lawyer?” From a legal standpoint, you can handle your personal injury claim. The bigger question is – should you proceed with a personal injury claim when you are not legally represented? Ask yourself the following questions before you make such an important decision:
- Are you comfortable advocating for yourself even when the negotiations become contentious?
- Can you accurately determine what your claim is worth, including medical expenses, lost wages, plus pain and suffering?
- Do you have a comprehensive understanding of what “special” damages include?
- Are you prepared for an insurance company whose goal will be to deny responsibility, as well as delay, lowball, or outright deny your claim?
- Can you handle the paperwork involved in a personal injury claim? You may need releases of information from medical providers, a compilation of medical expenses, the police report, photographs of vehicle damage, witness statements, statements from your work regarding your lost wages, information from your health insurer, liens, subrogation interests, etc. The list is extensive.
- Do you know and understand the statute of limitations in your state?
- Will you require ongoing medical treatment for your injuries?
- If the insurance company refuses to settle, are you prepared to argue your case in court?
Sorting out a personal injury claim can take an enormous amount of time and energy on your part. At a time when your focus should be on healing and getting your life back on track do you really want to fight with an insurance company to make them do what’s right?
The Noll Law Office works on your behalf on a contingency fee arrangement. If they are successful in recovering money, they would take a percent of the recovery. This arrangement makes it so you are never out of pocket any money for their representation. In addition, if they don’t win obtain a settlement of jury verdict on your behalf, you don’t owe them any money.
The Noll Law Office offers aggressive advocacy from start to finish, providing strategic counsel based on your best interests and goals. Hiring a personal injury attorney brings the following benefits:
- Legally represented claimants are more likely to receive a significantly higher settlement.
- Personal injury lawyers know how to accurately calculate your damages.
- If liability is unclear, personal injury lawyers are skilled in obtaining the evidence necessary to prove fault.
- Your personal injury lawyer will have experience negotiating with insurance companies, understanding their tactics, and will not fall into intimidation traps.
- You never have to worry about paperwork or deadlines because your attorney will handle those things.
- Cost to you only enters the picture when your personal injury attorney has reached an equitable settlement on your behalf.
- If the insurance company refuses to settle or the offer is too low to cover your damages, your personal injury attorney can take your case to trial.
How Much is My Springfield, IL Personal Injury Claim Worth?
The worth of your personal injury claim will depend on a variety of factors. These include whether liability is clear, the extent of your injuries, lost wages, pain and suffering, and the liability limits of the insured. Every personal injury claim is unique in some way, however, many claimants are entitled to the following:
- Medical expense reimbursement for medical expenses to this point plus future medical expenses if your injuries are expected to require further medical treatments. Medical expenses include hospital, ambulance, surgical, physician, prescription drug, and rehabilitative therapy costs.
- Lost wages for any work you have missed due to injuries sustained in the accident plus future lost wages if your injuries will keep you from returning to work for months, years, or even forever.
- Pain and suffering damages, including actual physical pain as well as emotional pain and trauma.
How Can Noll Law Office Help?
If you have asked yourself the question “Can I handle my personal injury claim without a lawyer,” the Noll Law Office would ask that you make an appointment for a free consultation. Their Central Illinois law firm is committed to serving their clients efficiently and effectively. The Noll Law Office will accurately calculate your damages and always seek to maximize your settlement. They work hard to be responsive to the needs and expectations of their clients. They seek positive outcomes for their community and their neighbors. They serve their clients with honesty, knowledge, skill, perseverance, and care. Contact Noll Law Office today to speak to speak to a personal injury attorney.