In an ideal world, the party responsible for your injuries would be held accountable and their insurance would fully compensate you for your losses. Unfortunately, the reality is often more complex. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses that prioritize their bottom line. They will often deny, delay, or underpay your claim to save themselves money. In such situations, hiring experienced Lincoln personal injury lawyers can level the playing field and demand the compensation you deserve.
At the Noll Law Office, their Lincoln, Illinois personal injury lawyers understand what you’re going through and are ready to demand the full and fair compensation you deserve. You shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for medical bills and other expenses from an accident someone else caused. With an aggressive and experienced injury lawyer on your side, you could recover the money you need to pay your bills, repair or replace damaged property, and move on with your life. Call the Noll Law Office today at (217) 414-8889 or contact them online for a free consultation about how we can help.
Types of Personal Injury Cases the Noll Law Office Will Handle
The Noll Law Office is ready to help you seek fair compensation for injuries caused by the acts or omissions of another person, business, government, or entity. Some of the most common types of cases they handle include:
- Car accidents
- Truck wrecks, including 18-wheelers, tankers, flatbeds, and other box truck crashes
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- Dog bites or animal attacks
- Workplace accidents (Workers’ Compensation claims)
- Motorcycle crashes
- Wrongful death cases or survivor cases
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian knockdowns or pedestrian hit-by-car accidents
- Bus accidents
- Construction accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Ridesharing accidents with Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare company
- SUV rollovers or crashes
- Garbage truck or municipal vehicle accidents
- First responder crashes
- Slip and falls
- Trip and falls
What Are Common Injuries Caused by Negligence?
At the Noll Law Office, their experienced Lincoln personal injury lawyers are equipped to represent clients who have suffered a wide range of injuries due to the wrongdoing of others. Some of the injuries they handle include:
- Brain injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), concussions, and whiplash-induced damage
- Paralysis, including quadriplegia or paraplegia
- Limb loss and other amputations
- Fractured bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Torn tendons, muscles, or ligaments
- Back and neck injuries, including those requiring a spinal fusion surgery
- Vision loss, partial or complete
- Shoulder and knee injuries
- Reproductive organ damage, including infertility
- Significant disfigurement or scarring
- Burn injuries from explosions or fires
- Dislocations or joint separations
- Nerve injuries
- Wrongful death cases
They understand that every injury is unique and their attorneys are prepared to handle even the most complex and challenging cases. If you or a loved one have suffered an injury, even if it’s not listed here, they encourage you to contact us for a free consultation to discuss your situation.
What Types of Compensation Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Case in Illinois?
In Illinois, accident victims may be entitled to various types of compensation for their injuries and losses. Some common losses in personal injury cases include:
- Past and future pain and suffering – compensation for physical and emotional distress experienced from the date of the accident and throughout the victim’s lifetime
- Medical bills – covering both past and future expenses related to the injuries
- Lost wages – compensation for income lost due to the accident
- Lost future earnings – covering potential income loss if the victim’s ability to work is impacted by the injuries
- Loss of consortium – compensation for the impact on a victim’s relationship with their spouse or partner
- Property damage – covering the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property
- Home or vehicle modifications – expenses for necessary adaptations to accommodate the victim’s injuries, such as chairlifts, ramps, or specialized equipment
- Mobility assistance devices – money for walkers, wheelchairs, or other equipment
- Nursing care – covering the cost of in-home or round-the-clock professional care
- Wrongful death and survivor action losses – including burial costs, funeral expenses, and compensation for the loss of a loved one
How Do I Choose the Best Personal Injury Lawyer for Me?
Choosing the right personal injury lawyer is crucial to the success of your case. Consider the following factors when deciding:
- Experience – Look for an attorney with a proven track record in handling personal injury cases similar to yours.
- Reputation – Research the attorney’s reputation in the legal community and read reviews from past clients.
- Communication – Check reviews from former clients to be sure the attorney is responsive and communicates clearly about a case’s progress.
- Resources – A well-established law firm will have the resources to investigate your case and consult with experts when necessary.
- Compatibility – Feeling comfortable with your attorney and trusting their judgment is essential.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer in Lincoln, IL, Cost?
Most personal injury lawyers in Lincoln, IL, represent clients on a contingency fee basis. This means that you pay no upfront fees for their services. Instead, the attorney receives a percentage of your settlement or judgment.
One significant advantage of working with an attorney on a contingency fee basis is the financial ease for you, the client. With contingency fee representation, you don’t have to worry about upfront costs or hourly fees, making legal representation accessible even if you don’t have the resources to pay for an attorney out of pocket.
Instead, the attorney’s fees are contingent upon whether they successfully obtain compensation for you. Put another way, the attorney is only paid if they recover money on your behalf. This arrangement benefits you because your attorney’s interests are aligned with yours. Your attorney is incentivized to work diligently and effectively, as their payment is directly tied to the success of your case. It also allows you to focus on your recovery without the added stress of paying legal fees upfront. Contingency fee representation offers a risk-free way to seek justice and compensation, knowing that your attorney is committed to securing the best possible outcome for your case.
Why Choose the Noll Law Office for Your Personal Injury Case in Lincoln, Illinois?
Selecting the right personal injury lawyer can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. The Noll Law Office has a strong track record of success, extensive experience handling various personal injury cases, and a personalized approach to each client’s unique situation.
The attorneys are committed to providing compassionate representation and ensuring your voice is heard. They will thoroughly investigate your case, gather the necessary evidence to support your claim, and aggressively advocate for your best interests throughout the legal process. When you choose the Noll Law Office, you can trust that your case is in capable hands.
The Personal Injury Process in Lincoln, Illinois
The personal injury claims process typically involves several steps:
- Initial consultation – During a free initial consultation, Daniel Noll or Sarah Noll will review your case and discuss your legal options with you.
- Investigation – If you decide to move forward with your case, your attorney will begin an in-depth investigation to gather evidence, interview witnesses, and consult with experts.
- Demand letter – Once the investigation is complete, your attorney will send a demand letter to the at-fault party’s insurance company, outlining the details of the accident, the injuries sustained, and the compensation you seek.
- Negotiation – The insurance company may respond with a settlement offer, which your attorney will review with you. If the offer is inadequate, your attorney will negotiate to obtain a fair settlement.
- Litigation – If the other side refuses to offer a fair settlement, your attorney may file a lawsuit on your behalf in Logan County, Illinois or another court of competent jurisdiction. During the discovery process, both parties will exchange evidence and information. You may resolve the case through mediation or proceed to trial, where a jury or judge will determine the outcome.
Throughout this process, your personal injury lawyer will keep you informed, answer your questions, and advocate for your best interests.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Lawsuits in Lincoln, Illinois
Here are some common questions clients may have about personal injury cases:
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in Illinois?
In Illinois, the statute of limitations establishes the deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit at two years from the accident date (735 ILCS 5/13-202). This means you have two years to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. If you fail to file within this time frame, you may lose your right to seek compensation. There are some exceptions to this rule, such as cases involving minors or government entities, so it’s crucial to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to understand the specific deadlines that apply to your case.
How long will my personal injury case take to resolve?
The duration of a personal injury case can vary greatly, depending on factors such as the case’s complexity, the insurance company’s willingness to negotiate, and whether the case goes to trial. Some cases may be resolved within a few months, while others may take several years. Your attorney will work diligently to resolve your case as efficiently as possible while protecting your best interests.
What factors affect the value of my personal injury claim?
The value of a personal injury claim depends on various factors, including the severity of your injuries, the amount of your medical bills, lost wages, and any future expenses related to your injuries. Additionally, non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life, can also affect the value of your claim. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you accurately assess the value of your claim and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Local Resources for Those Injured in Lincoln, Illinois
Law Enforcement in Lincoln
If you’ve been involved in an accident in Lincoln, Illinois, you may need to contact local law enforcement. Below are some helpful resources:
Lincoln Police Department
Address: 911 Pekin St, Lincoln, IL 62656
Phone: (217) 732-2151
Logan County Sheriff’s Office
Address: 911 Pekin St, Lincoln, IL 62656
Phone: (217) 732-4159
Hospitals in Lincoln
If you require medical attention after an accident, there are several hospitals and medical facilities in the Lincoln area:
Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hospital
Address: 200 Stahlhut Dr, Lincoln, IL 62656
Phone: (217) 528-7541
Springfield Clinic Lincoln
Address: 100 Stahlhut Dr, Lincoln, IL 62656
Phone: (217) 735-9555
Contact a Lincoln Personal Injury Lawyer
Don’t Wait – Time is Limited to Take Legal Action
The clock is ticking when it comes to taking legal action against the other person or party that injured you. Act now and secure the peace of mind that comes from knowing you have a dedicated, experienced trial lawyer on your side, fighting for the justice you deserve.
The Lincoln personal injury lawyers at the Noll Law Office are ready to put their extensive experience and resources to work for you. Don’t let someone else’s carelessness cost you your health and your future. Seek the compensation you need to rebuild your life and put the accident behind you. A knowledgeable injury attorney from the Noll Law Office is ready to take your call, so call them today for a 100% free consultation to discuss your situation at (217) 414-8889.